VALENTINE'S DAY HEART CAKES

Welcome back!
I know it's been a long time, but today I'm coming to you with a delicious remake of a recipe I saw on the food network. 

Valentine's Day inspired CAKES! 

I know, yummmm!

Here's what you'll need:

1. Any packaged cake box (I used Pillsbury, just what I had in my pantry, you could also use red velvet, I could just imagine how delicious those would be!)
2. Icing, I just happened to find this adorable hot pink icing at Target which turned out to be perfect for this recipe! 
3. Heart shaped cookie cutters
4. Mixing bowl and a whisk. 
5. A baking pan. (I used 2 pans since I wanted to split the cakes so they were thinner, you could use two thick pans if you don't have one thin pan) 


Bake the cake as instructed on the box




Once the cake has cooled completely, cut the sides of so all you have left is the soft part of the cake.
Next, with your heart shaped cookie cutter, cut as many heart shaped cakes as you can. Make sure you have an even amount, you'll need two hearts per cake. 



Lastly, ice one cake completely (the more icing oozing out of the cake the cuter they look) and add one un-iced heart on top, like a sandwich! 



There you have it! Valentine's day heart cakes for your loved ones on this special holiday! 
Of course, you don't have to make these with hearts, you could make them for any occasion. 

Add a sprinkle of powdered sugar on top, and you're set to deliver these Valentine's day heart cakes to the people who mean the most to you! 

I hope you enjoy these, and don't forget, if you recreate them to send me
 a picture on Facebook or tag my Instagram @eraforsarah in the picture!!

Happy Valentine's Day! 

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top