FITFRIDAY: SKINNY PASTA- 195 CALORIES



I am a sucker for pasta, but with my cousins wedding coming up I have pledged to only cheat once a week… and why cheat on pasta if you can make a "skinny" version of it?
When I saw 15 calorie pasta at Walmart, I just about had a heart attack. I've heard of brands that have low calorie pasta, but never saw it anywhere, and the last place I was expecting was to see it at Walmart! 
Now, no this does not live up to Olive Garden pasta or even normal fettuccine noodles -- but for 15 calories a serving it sure is worth it! 
You could make your own sauce for the recipe to be lower in calories, but for me, someone who is new to cooking, I'm not on that level yet. 
Instead I opted for Preggo Homestyle Alfredo Sauce, but by all means if you do know a better and healthier sauce recipe leave it in the comments below and I would love to try it out! 


Ingredients:
1/4 tbsp Olive oil 
1 bag Pasta Zero - Shirataki Fettuccine  (bought mine at Walmart near the tofu)
2 Cloves garlic minced 
1 tsp Ginger minced
1/2 cup Mushrooms
1/2 cup Spinach (cut into medium pieces)
Seasonings: (measure based on desired flavor)
I used Paprika, Italian, black pepper, crush pepper, and Oregano


DIRECTIONS:
1. Add oil, chicken, mushrooms, spinach, and seasonings into a deep sauce pan on medium heat
2. In a different dish, prepare noodles as directed on packet.
3. Once chicken is cooked, and the mushrooms and spinach are soft and mixed together well with the seasonings, add alfredo sauce into pan. 
4. Stir the sauce until flavor of chicken and seasonings has mixed into the sauce. 
(consistency will be thick)
5. Add cooked noodles into sauce pan and sauté together until all the noodles have been mixed. 
7. Serve with crush pepper on top ( and/or cheese if desired)

 Number of servings recipe makes : 2
Calories per serving: 195


Buon appetito! 

XOXO, 
Sarah 










CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top