Fit Friday: My Workout Routine.


Starting Weight: 135 Lbs. (April, 2013)
Short term goal: to weigh 120 lbs. by September
Long term goal: to weigh 110 lbs. by December
Current Weight: 120 Lbs. (June, 2013)

Welcome to a new series here on EraforSarah!
If you follow me on Twitter or Instagram, you know that I have become this total 
fitness nut over the past couple months. 
I have been getting a ton of questions about my workout routine and diet. 
So a couple fridays a month, I will post:
 helpful workouts, healthy recipes, what I eat to lose, or maintain 
my weight, my workout routine and how it changes, and anything else health related! 

Get inspiredI was totally inspired by my future sister-in-law (hi Bhabs!). She helped me out a lot, and just guided me to becoming more fit, healthy, and happy!
Getting inspired and motivated by someone is so important because you have someone with you on your journey and it really makes it fun, and easier!

First stepAs you might have known through one of my past posts (Here) I rarely used to weigh myself, but when I decided that I wanted to make a decision to change my lifestyle, thats the first thing I did.

Second step: The next thing I did was set 2 goals, a short term, and long term.
  (you can see my goals at the top right hand corner) 


Cardio Exercises: 
I started off working out for about 2.5 hours a day, 6 days a week, Just cardio. 
  • Treadmill - (speed: 3.5; burning 200-300 calories, I gradually added an incline, and now workout with a 6.0-9.0 incline)  
  • Bike - (30-33 min, burning 200-230 calories, gradually increasing the levels)
  • Elliptical - (use 3 different types, interchangeably; burning 100- 250 calories) 
  • Stair-master - (5-10 min; burning 50-100 calories, gradually increasing the level to 10-14)
Now, I didn't do the same thing everyday, I would mix it up. Total I would burn about 500-800 calories a day. 
As my weight decreased, I limited my self to 1-1.5 hours a day, burning 500-650 calories.
I only worked out a lot in the beginning to get a head start, and a little bit of a push.

Slowly, When I started noticing a difference in my body, I added some strength exercises, still focusing on my legs.

Strength Exercises (Machines, and Body):
  • Leg Extension - ( 3-5 sets, 10 reps, 40 lbs)
  • Leg Press- ( 3-5 sets, 10 reps, 60 lbs)
  • Squats- ( I have been doing the 30 Day Squat Challenge and see a MAJOR difference!) 
If you all are interested, I will do a Part 2 on my diet. 
Helping Hint:
Count your calories. It's so helpful when you are trying to lose weight, and to keep track of your progress! 


XOXO, 
Sarah 

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top